June 30, 2010

My First Track day...


On Monday I took my life into my hands and went on a track day at Bedford Autodrome with EasyTrack.co.uk.

I had a blast! The track was ideal for a novice and my car (an Audi TT RS) proved more than capable. I had asked for a session with an instructor and I got a great guy named Steve. In the end I took a second session in the afternoon. As a result I went from being slowest on the track to not being the slowest by a decent margin. There were some fabulous drivers on the track that day, the two sticking in my mind included one in a GT3 RS and an utter genius in a bog standard MX5.

I've included a photo that was taken by TrackPhoto.co.uk.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

James M said...

To paraphrase a Wimbledon umpire, "New tyres, please!"

Robert Boothby said...

Thanks James, but no, all tyres are still sound and legal.