June 27, 2010

The Height of Geekery

Well, here I am at my favourite cafe for breakfast with my iPad. I'm trying the whole blogging from my iPad thing with an app called BlogPress.

It's really interesting to see how modern integrated technology is making it feasible to do things that would have been awkward if not impossible a few years ago. The opportunities in this space are endless.

The excitement about the potential for location based services is well known. Unfortunately the excitement can obscure the real win. Location-less Services. The fact that I can start doing this kind of thing truly independently of my location is what's exciting. There have been some early mis-fires with the excitement of being able to take a laptop with you on holiday. Lugging a laptop though is really pretty hard work. We're on the cusp of being able to access and interact with the "datasphere" anywhere in the world.

This is where reading science fiction is a great advantage. Writers have been exploring how to use this for years. I feel that I am ready to make use of this and build on their thinking to go places that people who have not been reading will never think of.

How about you?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Cliffe High St,Lewes,United Kingdom

No comments: