January 19, 2007

A New Car

A couple of weekends ago I finally bit the bullet and put the deposit down on a new car - an Audi TT. I went with the 3.2 litre quattro in Ibis White with a Mineral Grey interior. The salesman (the third that I had dealt with - the other two had left the industry soon after I saw them) was quite enthusiastic as he had been trying to convince his boss that the TT in white would make a nice show car and he would finally have the chance to show him.

I went moderately wild on the extras. iPod attachment, decent stereo, Audi magnetic ride etc. As this is my first ever brand new car I have to admit to lessened self-control. I did avoid things like the electric seats and the self-dipping xenon headlights though. I'm still torn as to which was the most useless option that I chose though: The luggage nets or the extended leather trim.

I'm still debating whether to get the car debadged as I'm not particularly interested in advertising the fact that I've gone for the most expensive model to all and sundry.

What I'm most irritated about is the fact that I may have a fight on my hands when it comes to getting the licence plate that I want BO07 HBY. I checked the DVLA website and it is up for auction 'soon'. I'm not absolutely desperate to get it, but I would be upset if it ended up not with a Boothby but with some obsessed Star Trek fan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Bob,

Why not get it "lowbadged", so that you can really irritate boy racers.

Why would a "Trekkie/Trekker" want a BO07HBY plate?

James

Anonymous said...

The car sounds wonderful. What is not wondeful is I probably wont get a ride in it until it's past it's sell by date... kinda like me!