July 30, 2006

A meeting with an old friend...

I was pleasantly surprised the other day to hear from Ian Hannaford. He wanted to benefit from what little wisdom I could muster. We had a good chat about his new role (thrown in the deep end as usual) and generally had a good old chat. Ian boosted my ego by telling me that he had directed other people to my blog (Hi other people!) and we gossipped about old friends and talked techie.

In the course of our chat, Ian told me about his pattern use but that he found the Gang of Four book a touch dry and academic. He suggested that I could at some stage write something to make it a little more approachable and relevant.

I'm going to think on this a bit and may start writing entries on situations where I have used GOF patterns and why I used them.

I'm going to toddle now and have me a bite of dinner (Teryaki beef, sticky rice and pak choi.).

P.S. I got LocoRoco on the PSP this weekend - at last I am using the PSP as a games machine instead of a mobile video player. LocoRoco is great!

No comments: